Monday 23 November 2009

today

Today i waited for the post man to deliver my paint so i could finish spraying my birdhouses however while he failed to bring me anything i got on with making some moustache chocolates to compliment the houses.


To do this i vacuum formed my mould, I had to created positives first out of wood which took the majority of morning, using mdf which was cut and sanded to do this, with tapered edges so i had no over hang.

The positives were added onto the vacuum table

table was then lowered
1mm perspex was added
vice was put over the top to hold it all in place.
the heater was pulled over and heated up for 30 seconds
pushed back
table up
vacuum on, and hey prestow.
4 bars of sainsburys belgian chocolate, melted in a pot.
washed casts and pored melted chocolate into to casts and placed in fridge.
genius.




Note: 800g of chocholate = 36 moustaches - total spent £10. = 27 p each.

No comments:

Post a Comment